Here are the latest Web Cartoon Maker news:
New Tales Animator Video by Alan Sturgess
Alan Sturgess shared an excellent video he made using Tales Animator! You can still download Tales Animator here. Unfortunately it is only available for Windows XP, but we may consider recompiling it for Windows 7 after this video!
Simple Online Character Designer
There is a prototype of simple online character designer available
HERE. It is only a prototype,
it does not contain many pieces yet but it can already generate characters together with
some sample code. Check it out!
Book is updated
Now our book "Web Cartoon Maker: A Fun Way to Learn C++" is fully in synch with WCM 1.5!
It is available for download and online reading HERE.
Web Cartoon Maker 1.5 is here!
Web Cartoon Maker 1.5 is finally here! You can download it
Here is what was updated in version 1.5:
- Web Cartoon Maker Desktop Edition is now fully standalone!
It does not rely on online compiler anymore. It has it's very own compiler!
The installation does not have a complete library of characters, images and sounds though.
The media will be downloaded as needed. If you want it to be independent from the web
site then you can download a full library HERE
and unzip files to "...\Web Cartoon Maker\Lib" folder
- Web Cartoon Maker now has one more speech engine called "eSpeak". Before that WCM
used either MS SAPI4, MS SAPI5 or internal speech engine. But Windows 7 and above does
not support MS SAPI4 (with tons of great voices). Support for MS SAPI5 is also weak on
64 bit systems. And internal speech engine is not any good. All these engines are still
supported by WCM and actually used by default. eSpeak is not as good as MS SAPI4/5.
But it is small, it sounds exactly the same on different systems and it supports tons of
- af Afrikaans
- bs Bosnian
- ca Catalan
- cs Czech
- cy Welsh
- da Danish
- de German
- el Greek
- eo Esperanto
- es Spanish
- es-la Spanish - Latin America
- fi Finnish
- fr French
- grc Ancient Greek
- hi Hindi
- hr Croatian
- hu Hungarian
- hy Armenian
- id Indonesian
- is Icelandic
- it Italian
- jbo Lojban
- ka Georgian
- kn Kannada
- ku Kurdish
- la Latin
- lv Latvian
- mk Macedonian
- nl Dutch
- no Norwegian
- pl Polish
- pt Portuguese (Brazil)
- pt-pt Portuguese (European)
- ro Romanian
- ru Russian
- sk Slovak
- sq Albanian
- sr Serbian
- sv Swedish
- sw Swahihi
- ta Tamil
- tr Turkish
- vi Vietnamese
- zh Mandarin Chinese
- zh-yue Cantonese Chinese
There are also 7 male (+m1 +m2 +m3 +m4 +m5 +m6 +m7) and 5 female (+f1 +f2 +f3 +f4 +f5) variants for each language. For example for Russian boy you can do something like this:
Max.RegisterSpeech ( "ESPEAK", "ru+m1" );
Max.Says ( "Привет, друзья!" );
Sleep ( 2 );
- "Web Cartoon Maker Video Codec" is now fixed and supposed to work in Windows 7. Just to remind you, this video codec only works for Web Cartoon Maker's Export feature. Please do not try to use it in another applications. The AVI files encoded with this codec most likely will not play on any other computer also. But this codec is an excellent choice if you want to do some further video processing on the same machine. It is lossless and compression is very good.
- Text editor now supports different input languages. Before that (due to a bug) there were only English characters supported.
- The WCM Player now shows the screen coordinates, time in the current scene and time in the movie.
Beta Version of Standalone Web Cartoon Maker 1.5b
There are 2 news. Good one and bad one. Standalone Web Cartoon Maker 1.5b is available for download now.
But actually, this is the only choice at the moment,because after a massive hacker's attack on our server
we'll not be able to restore the online compiler. The site is back but online compiler is gone. Users must
use standalone version now. We hope to make it more stable soon
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow us on twitter and we'll follow you back!
Russian Politicians Characters
I've created a set of Russian politician characters for another project. I've decided to share them with Web Cartoon Maker users. The characters are: Putin, Medvedev, Surkov and Mironov. You'll need to include the following file:
The characters are not documented and not reflected in the library documentation but are similar to character Man